Remontées mécaniques – Maxi confort mini attente
Les 3 Vallées have always been at the forefront in terms of ski lifts, some of them were even invented in Les 3 Vallées, like the FUNITEL in Val Thorens, technology exported today around the world.
The equation is very simple, more efficient ski lifts = less waiting and more skiing! In Les 3 Vallées, on a 7-hour day on the slopes, there are only 2 hours of queues, compared to 3 or 4 hours in the competing stations.
News for the season 18-19
A new gondola going from Courchevel Village to Courchevel 1850 will replace Les Grangettes gondola.
- The old 4 seated cabins will be replaced by new cabins that will host 10 persons seated with lighting inside and outside when it is dark.
- This gondola will allow direct access to the slopes, without stairs.
- The time of transport will take only 2,55 min compare to 5 min before
Two new high speed 6-place chairlifts will give a totally new look to the Roc de Fer slopes. Skiers will be able to comfortably and quickly discover this area and its legendary pistes which enjoy excellent snow.
Legends, the new premium chairlift starting at la Chaudanne
- First in France, the Legends chairlift combines the latest technology and comfort to the extent of the world’s largest ski area, Les 3 Vallées
- This single chairlift replaces the carrying capacity of two others, Plan de l’Homme and Roc de Fer, offering a journey time of just 4 minutes 40 seconds.
- With its 6 thermo-regulated seats and weather-shield, The Legends offers the highest level of comfort to skiers.
- The seats commemorate the Alpine ski champions who have earned their place in Méribel’s history. The blue and black leather seats give a pure and streamlined look to the equipment, complementing the departure and arrival stations built in wood and stone. The Legends reinforces Méribel’s reputation as an elegant and sporting resort.
Cherferie will now be accessed by a 6-seat chairlift
- Cherferie is one of the most magical parts of Méribel’s ski area but one of the least frequented. By replacing the difficult Cherferie draglift, the new high speed 6-seat chairlift will allow more skiers to discover these pistes, especially the delightful blue Choucas piste, appreciated for its good snow and sunny aspect.
- With its 4 minute journey time, this forms a very quick link to the Belleville valley, another easy access to Les 3 Vallées.
- With its arrival station situated higher than the previous draglift, Cherferie gives even more enjoyment and gives direct access to the Jerusalem piste, an enchanting run which drops towards the charming village of Saint-Martin.
Mont Vallon gondola
The emblematic lift of the Méribel valley dates from 1987. For this season, it has been totally renovated. Beautiful panoramic 8 seater cabins have replaced the old 10/12 standing places, deemed uncomfortable.
Les Menuires / Saint-Martin-de-Belleville
Modernization of the Bruyères gondola
- Replacement of the cabins (8 places seated)
- Extension of the embarkation platform of the departure station
- Renovation of the embarkation platform and the premises
Increasing of the speed of the ROC 1 gondola and Les Granges chairlift for an ever faster access to the slopes.
SETAM innovates yet again by offering a double zip-line for winter season 18/19. Accessible by skis and by foot at the top of the Moutière chair lift, the double zip line will be divided into 3 sections with a stunning arrival at the heart of the resort, in Place Caron.
The zip line will be open every day during the operating hours of the ski area and will also be in operation during summer time.
With a length of 1600m, a ground clearance maximum of 65m, the zip line will accommodate 60 people per hour.